November not only brings colder weather for us here in the Northeast, but it also brings a time where people on Facebook begin posting what they are thankful for. I love thanksgiving but I don’t like the feeling that November is the only month or thanksgiving is the only day to feel thankful. I am continually thankful.
- Thankful for my God.
- Thankful for my husband.
- Thankful for my kiddos.
- Thankful I can stay home and homeschool.
- Thankful for our home.
- Thankful for my friends.
- Thankful for warmth in the winter.
- Thankful for our pool in the summer.
- Thankful for God’s word.
- Thankful for His promises.
- Thankful for His provision on our family.
- Thankful for hope in tomorrow.
- Thankful for His perfect grace.
God’s word reminds us to be thankful. In fact the verse below is a verse I have had my children memorize before because it is so important.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- I love this verse first because it tells us to be anxious for nothing. We need not worry, for our God, Daddy, loves us. He loves us and will take care of us. When we worry it causes more problems. I have read some studies that talk about how much our stress causes health problems. When we don’t worry and trust in our Lord, we create an atmosphere free of sickness.
- Second I love this verse because it tells us what to do in place of our worries. We are to let God know our needs in prayer and with thanksgiving. We shouldn’t just go to prayer asking, but also go to Him with a thankful heart. Similar to any good friend, they want to hear the good and what you need as well. A friend just wants to spend time with you. Thankfully so does our Father. He loves us or else He wouldn’t have sent Jesus.
- The final reason I love this verse is because when we do what he tells us, we have his perfect peace. Peace that passes understanding. He will guard our hearts and minds. I don’t know if you have ever experienced His perfect peace, I pray you have. I know I have, I’ve rested in it.
So for those that are thinking of what you are thankful for this month, please don’t forget it’s not just about this month. It’s about every day, week, month. It’s about each morning when you get up. It’s each day when you kiss your spouse and hug your children. It’s about the ability to stand and worship. It’s about good health. It’s about our daily bread. So today and everyday I live in thankfulness. Will you join me?
***I would love to hear from you as readers. If you have come upon my blog and have been touched please let me know in the comments below. My prayer is that I can hear from you and speak life into your life. Please sign up to receive my post as they are published. God bless, Jamie